Monday 5 January 2009

Diving Bell.

So ive come to the conclusion that one of the first things i should 'sort' out this year, is working on my confidence. Ive realised that there are a few things in which if i could just be a little more confident about myself then i could easily be happier and move forward, or not even so much that but it would make me worry about things less. Ive always found my own confidence funny because in most situations i can almost see myself lowering in a third person, and i know exactly what i should do differently but i just continue to avoid it. So this is something im going to focus on over-coming first, as i have a feeling it will do me some good in more ways than one.

Ive surrounded myself in music alot more recently. I have once again found a love for bands that i had thought lost. Some of it im kind of embarressed by, but theres something almost nostalgic about listening to it again. Last Fm has been helping me find some new stuff to listen to as well, except im having the same problem of only liking a few songs it sends out.

I have mixed feelings about being back at college. On one side i have this really big part of me that wants to expand myself and learn and develop and do well. But im just so lazy...all of the time. I always feel like i can't bring myself to do things. It will change though, ive promised myself that. I really don't want to fall behind on my own expectations. Id really like to achieve something.



I will tell you as many times as i need too, regardless of you believing it or not.

2 comments:

Joeypants said...

Amen to that, get moar confident (but not arrogant).

Go read 'the butterfly and the diving bell', it's about a man who suffers from a stroke and when he awakens he has 'locked-in syndrome' - a disease where only the brain is active an coherent - and as such, cannot move anything other than his left eyelid.

He then, through sheer willpower, creates a morse-code-esque language using only blinks to write a best-selling novel (the butterfly and the diving bell).

IF HE CAN DU IT, U CAN DU IT. (:

Joeypants said...

and coherent*