Tuesday 10 June 2008

Samantha

I really can't understand why Francis Lawrence decided to choose such a shitty ending for I am Legend.

So last night I decided I would ait down and watch I am Legend because not only am I a big fan of Will Smith but it was pretty sweet at the cinema -Minus the ending. And again I sat down and was really impressed by the film, it's honestly one of the best films I think ive seen. It makes me feel really uncomfortable, in a good way. & it's one of the first films where a character dying genuinly made me feel sad. Its just a really good movie. Except the ending. It just leaves you feeling like the past hour or so was a waste and for a movie with Legend in the title, it doesn't feel like a very 'Legendary' ending. hoho im hilarious.
Photobucket
Anyway, so after it finished I remembered my brothers copy had the second disk and it had the Alternate ending on it. I could remember my friends saying about it before and stuff but id never watched it for myself. My searches on Youtube weeks earlier only resulted in being Rick Rolled in the masses. So i put the other ending on and sat down and watched it.

What the fuck made Lawrence Francis use the other ending? in all seriousness? This alternate one made everything that had happened in the film involving the 'Alpha Darkseeker' all seem so much more relevant and it just gave the film a much greater feeling. I seriously believe that totally should have been the ending in the cinema, it would of impressed me so much more.

So yeah guys, im still alive on here. Exams are almost complete and im feeling geekier than ever after everything i just wrote, so prepare for more. Last few weeks have been A-Okay and hopefully so will this current week. So yeah, allisgood.


Luckily I made this with as few spoilers as possible
  • Sam dies (the German Shepard dog)
  • Presumably so does Robert Nevilles Family, right in front of him.
  • In the cinema version, Neville dies.
  • He meets two survivors & again in the end of the cinema version the survivors unite with a camp full of others.
Oh shit, better scratch that.

No comments: